This is the traditional connection for Paypal, not the connection for PayFlow Pro. We highly recommend using a credit card specific gateway to process credit card donations. This will streamline the process for credit card donors, but also allow Paypal as an option for those donors who prefer it.
- Paypal offers a discounted rate of 2.2% + $0.30 for verified non-profit organizations. Click here for details!
IMPORTANT: If Paypal is your only gateway, you will not be able to accept credit cards through Funraise.
BE AWARE: Paypal can NOT be used as a gateway for recurring donations. You must use PayFlow Pro by Paypal or another gateway to process your recurring donations.
1. You'll need to access your Paypal API key! Log into your Paypal account and Click "Profile" and then "Settings" in the upper right corner.
2. From your settings page, click "Update API access."
3. Click "Grant API Credentials" and enter nathaniel_api1.spreedly.com.
4. Check the following eight boxes and click "Add."
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction
5. From the Profile Icon, click "Setting" and then click on the Gateways page.
6. Click the "New Gateway" button and select "Paypal" from the fly-out.
- For the mode, type "delegate" (This is case-sensitive. Do not use caps.)
- For the email, use the email of your Paypal account.
- Click "Save"
7. You're all set! Paypal should appear on your Gateways page.
IMPORTANT: The order of your gateways has an effect on how donations will be processed. Learn more about how to order your gateways here.