This is the traditional connection for PayPal, not the connection for PayFlow Pro. Connecting PayPal as a gateway enables you to collect PayPal donations through the Funraise Giving Form.
Good to know: PayPal offers a discounted rate of 2.2% + $0.30 for verified non-profit organizations. Click here for details!
Please Note: If PayPal is your only gateway, you will not be able to accept credit cards donations through Funraise.
Please Note: Enabling recurring donations with PayPal requires a few additional steps, you can learn more about activating PayPal recurring here.
1. You'll need to access your Paypal API key! Log into your Paypal account and Click "Profile" and then "Settings" in the upper right corner.
2. From your settings page, click "Update API access."
3. Click "Grant API Credentials" and enter nathaniel_api1.spreedly.com.
4. Check the following eight boxes and click "Add."
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction
5. From the Profile Icon, click "Setting" and then click on the Gateways page.
6. Click the "New Gateway" button and select "Paypal" from the fly-out.
- For the mode, type "delegate" (This is case-sensitive. Do not use caps.)
- For the email, use the email of your Paypal account.
- Click "Save"
7. You're all set! Paypal should appear on your Gateways page.
IMPORTANT: The order of your gateways has an effect on how donations will be processed. Learn more about how to order your gateways here.