This is the traditional connection for Paypal, not the connection for PayFlow Pro. We highly recommend using a credit card specific gateway to process credit card donations. This will streamline the process for credit card donors, but also allow Paypal as an option for those donors who prefer it.
IMPORTANT: If Paypal is your only gateway, you will not be able to accept credit cards through Funraise.
BE AWARE: Paypal can NOT be used as a gateway for recurring donations. You must use PayFlow Pro by Paypal or another gateway to process your recurring donations.
1. To access your Paypal API key, log into your Paypal account and Click "Profile" then "Settings" in the upper right corner.
2. From your settings page, click "Update API access."
3. Click "Grant API Credentials" and enter nathaniel_api1.spreedly.com
4. Check the following eight boxes and click "Add."
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction
5. Jump back to your Funraise platform and click "Account" in the gear dropdown, and then click "Gateways" in the top nav bar.
6. In the "Add New Gateway" box, select "Paypal."
- For the mode, type "delegate" (This is case-sensitive. Do not use caps.)
- For the email, use the email of your Paypal account.
- Click "Add New Gateway"
7. You're all set! Paypal should appear in your "Active Gateways"
IMPORTANT: The order of your gateways has an effect on how donations will be processed. Learn more about how to order your gateways here.