When you have duplicate profiles for the same supporter, you can merge them together using the supporter merge tool located in the actions menu in the Supporter Section.
To Merge Supporters:
- In the Supporter section, access the actions menu and select "Merge Supporter". You will need to click on the action menu of the supporter profile you want to keep first. This is your Winner Supporter 🥇
2. Click ADD SUPPORTER in the upper right hand corner and search for a donor to merge onto this profile. Click MERGE.
Data from the donor selected will be merged onto the profile.
- Contact information is unaffected on the profile you are merging ( Winner Supporter) onto.
- Contact Information from the merged ( Loser Supporter) profile will be lost.
- A recurring subscription on the donor profile you are merging onto will not be affected.
- If a recurring subscription exists with the merged profile ( Loser Profile ), it will be cancelled.
- In addition, any pending campaign emails targeting the merged profile will be cancelled.
Why are there two donor profiles for the same person? Sometimes our donors like to trick us and make a new donation with a NEW email address. When this happens, that new donation will be created under a new donor. To Funraise, the new email address means it's a new donor.
Does it matter if there are two profiles for one donor?The world will not come to an end, but you usually want each donor to be unique and all their donations accounted for under one profile. Some funky things can happen when you have duplicate donors. It's a common issue faced by database managers and that is why we created this simple merge tool!