There are two ways to add tags to supporters! You can add supporter tags to a giving form or add tags to a supporter manually.
Add Supporter Tags to a Giving Form:
When you add a tag to a giving form, any supporter that makes a transaction through this form in the future will have this tag.
1. Access your Giving Form Settings (by clicking on the form name or through the actions menu):
2. On the General page, scroll down to the Tags card and enter your supporter tag(s):
Note: Adding tags to a form will not affect historic donors for that form.
Add Supporter Tags to the Supporter Profile:
1. Access the Supporter profile (by clicking on the supporter name or through the actions menu) and click on Contact:
2. Scroll down to Supporter Tags and enter your tag(s):
Now you can create lists with your Supporter Tags:
- Tag filter - Now that your supporters have some tags, you can filter a supporter list with your custom tags.
- Tag Saved List - Once you've created a supporter tag list, you can save this supporter list and it will be dynamically updated with activity from your tags.
☝️ Tag syntax is very important
Here is how to use tags like a pro:
- DO NOT use any spaces within a single tag
- Tags start with a hash "#" mark, for example: #radical
- An excellent tag string for a donation form would look like this: #tag1 #tag2 #tag3
- Keep tags short, for example: #gala17
- Tags are not case sensitive