For advanced tracking and reporting you can add tags to donations.
Add transaction tags to a giving form:
Access your Giving Form Editor, navigate to General under the Settings Page.
Scroll down to the Tags card and enter your tag(s).
Good to know: When you add a tag to a giving form, any transaction that occurs through the form in the future will have this tag (adding tags to a form will not affect historic donations that occurred through that form). Re-assigning a transaction to a new giving form, will not add the tags associated to the new giving form.
Now, let's put those tags to work!
- Tag filter - Now that your transactions have some tags, you can filter a transaction report with your custom tags.
- Tag saved list - Once you've created a transaction tag report, you can save this transaction report and it will be dynamically updated with activity from your tags.
- Tag tasks - When you have a saved list, you can automate a task each time a transaction is added to that list. Whoop! 😊
☝️ Tag syntax is very important
Here is how to use tags like a pro:
- DO NOT use any spaces within a single tag
- Tags start with a hash "#" mark, for example: #radical
- An excellent tag string for a transaction form would look like this: #tag1 #tag2 #tag3
- Keep tags short, for example: #gala17
- Tags are not case sensitive
Do you need to exclude some non-tax deductible donations from the Yearly Donation Summary? Easy. Check out this new tag!