Features in this article may not be included in every Funraise plan.
Zapier is an automation tool that can receive data and then conduct tasks in 1000+ apps based on that data. For example, you might want to create a Slack donation bot that sends a message to a channel when a new Transaction is created.
Although Funraise does not have a native integration with Zapier, you can send Funraise Transaction data to Zapier each time a Transaction occurs through a Zapier Webhook. It's easy—no code required.
1. Click Make a Zap
2. Search and select Webhooks by Zapier
3. For Event, select Catch Hook > click Continue
4. Copy the Custom Webhook URL > next we'll paste this into Funraise
In Funraise, you will paste the
Zapier Custom Webhook URL from above.
1. Navigate to Settings (click profile icon in top right) > Webhooks
2. Click the Webhook Signing Secret actions menu (3 dots) > click Generate
3. Click Edit to configure the Webhook details
4. Paste the
Zapier Custom Webhook URL into the Funraise Webhook Target URL
The Contact Email is where we'll send a failure notice. If a Webhook connection fails, we'll retry for ~24 hours, after that we'll send an email to this address.
At this point it's a good idea to click Test. When you test a
Webhook Target URL, we'll ping Zapier. Back in Zapier, you'll be able to see a successful trigger has occurred.
5. Click Save. You're all set with the Funraise configuration. You can now go to Zapier to complete your automation rules!
Example Zapier Automations
Here are a few example automations you can run with Funraise and Zapier Webhooks:
- Quickbooks | Send Transaction data to Quickbooks
- Google Sheets | Create spreadsheet rows for new Transactions
- Asana - Create tasks for new Transactions
- Trello | Create cards for new Transactions
- Google Ads | Send conversions for new Transactions
- Slack | Send a message to a channel for new Transactions
- Twitter | Create a Tweet for new Transactions
- Gmail | Send an email for New Transactions
- Microsoft Outlook | Send an email for new Transactions
- Emma | Create new Subscribers with new Transactions
- Campaign Monitor | Create new Subscribers with new Transactions
- NeonCRM | Send Transaction data to NeonCRM
- Bloomerang | Send Transaction data to Bloomerang
- Hubspot | Send Transaction data to Hubspot
Why Zapier is extra neat
- Although, Funraise only allows for a single Webhook (currently), you can conduct multiple tasks in multiple platforms with a single Zap.
- In Zapier, you can filter incoming Funraise data. This means you could choose to run a Zapier task only when certain Transaction parameters are met. (For example,