New to the Funraise app? Start here.
You can enable volunteers without a Funraise user account to collect in-person payments on their mobile device with the Funraise app. A volunteer user is restricted to collecting payments and can not access existing supporter or transaction data.
To register a volunteer app user
This process is intuitive when you actually have the two devices in your hands with easy-to-follow on-screen guides. In a nutshell, both the Funraise user and the volunteer user will need their mobile devices open to follow the steps below.
- Funraise user: Open the Side Menu
- Funraise user: Tap your user name to access the account menu
- Funraise user: Tap Register a Volunteer
- Volunteer user: Open the Funraise app and click I AM A VOLUNTEER
- Funraise user: Scan the QR code on the volunteer user’s screen
- Funraise user: Select the Giving Form and Campaign Site (optional) for the volunteer app user
- Volunteer user: Scan the QR code on the Funraise user’s screen
- Volunteer user: Connect a Bluetooth card reader
Good to know
- Only a user with a Funraise user account can register a volunteer app user
- Both the Funraise user and volunteer user must have Funraise's app on their mobile device
- An iOS device can register an Android device, and vice versa
- Volunteer users retain access for 8 hours
- Don’t forget, each volunteer app user will need their own card reader