On May 19th, 2019 an update will be deployed that will change historic behavior surrounding recurring donors.
Why the changes?
We're increasing your ability to access and manage recurring donor data. This increased functionality will cause some current behaviors to become obsolete or less effective.
A Supporter can have multiple subscriptions
- Each time a Supporter submits a new recurring donation through a Giving Form, a new subscription will be created.
- This means a Supporter will not be able to “update” a subscription by entering a new donation.
Automatic payment method updater
- When a recurring donation fails, a donor will automatically receive an email with a link to update their payment method. The email and update page are managed by Funraise, so there's no setup or additional steps required to activate this feature.
Expiring Drip Emails will be paused
- We’ll pause the Expiring Drip emails so you can adjust your messaging to reflect the new automatic payment method updater page. You'll be able to use a new email merge tag to link a supporter to this secure updater URL.
- Here is some updated example content for you Expiring Drip emails.
Expiring Trend Report will be removed
- This release greatly enhances your ability to access subscription data, including filtering and saving lists, so you'll no longer need this report—You'll be able to create your own even more powerful reports. 💕