MailChimp can be integrated with the Funraise platform directly from the Integrations page under settings (You will first need to contact your Customer Success Manager to activate this feature).
What the integration does:
- The integration will sync your supporters to a single audience you identify in your MailChimp account. This is incredibly powerful because of the quality of data we're sending over to create segments in this list.
- The integration adds new custom fields to your MailChimp records, these are detailed below.
- When a donation is made, a supporter is added or edited, or when a fundraiser signs up, a contact will be added (or a contact will be updated) in the audience you identify when configuring the integration.
A few examples of what you can do with Funraise + MailChimp:
- Automate new donor welcome streams, driven by amount of donation, or type of donation.
- Automate retention drips, driven by last donation date.
- Send mass emails to donors or fundraisers.
- Segment supporters by Capacity to Give or total amount donated.
What data is sent to MailChimp from Funraise?
- Donor Type (potential, recurring, one time, returning)
- Institution Type
- Postal Code
- Donor Tags
- Net Worth
- P2G Score
- Gift Capacity
- Total Donated
- Count Donated (number of donations)
- Total Fundraised
- Count Fundraised
- Last Donated Date
- First Donated Date
- Is Fundraiser ( 1 = Fundraiser 0 = not a fundraiser)
- Subscribed or Unsubscribed is sent as a status on the donor
When is a record updated?
- When a donation occurs
- A supporter is added or edited
- When a fundraiser signs up
- When a fundraiser receives a donation
💡Good to Know: MailChimp only allows for an Audience list to have a maximum of 30 Fields. Funraise sends 21 fields, so be sure that your list doesn't already have more than 9 fields when you connect your MailChimp integration in Funraise.
- Create an API key in MailChimp by clicking Account > Extras > API Keys
2. Create a new Audience and copy the Audience ID string (Click Audience > Settings > Audience name and Campaign defaults).
4. From the Profile Icon, click "Settings" and then click on the Integrations Page.
5. On the MailChimp Integration card, click on the Actions menu > "Edit".
6. Paste the APY Key and List ID. Press "Save".
That's it! Once the settings are in place and the integration is turned on, Funraise communicates with MailChimp and adds custom fields to your contact records. We suggest getting started by creating a few segments in this list that can start populating when donation and fundraising activity occurs! Have fun and let us know what YOU create! 👍 And don't forget... Mailchimp offers a nonprofit discount.