What is Google reCAPTCHA?
reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
Giving Form V2
Funraise Giving Forms (V2) have a built-in integration with Google reCAPTCHA. This integration is automatically enabled and does not require configuration.
reCAPTCHA is dynamically displayed on the Giving Form (V2) when Funraise detects fraud patterns (high volume of donations coming from a single IP address). reCAPTCHA is removed from the form after detected fraud patterns cease. By dynamically displaying reCAPTCHA, your forms provide the most efficient donation process and experience for your donors while still mitigating bot attacks.
Giving Form V1
Because the Giving Form V1 is embedded directly into your webpage, the setup requires a few additional steps. After adding reCAPTCHA to Giving Form V1 it will always be present during the donation flow.
1. Register your website by visiting the Google reCAPTCHA site
2. Follow the steps on this page
3. Important: Click reCAPTCHA V2 > select "Im not a robot" Checkbox
4. Important: List all the domains where you will place this Giving Form
5. After submitting your information, Google will provide you with two secret keys that you'll enter in Funraise.
From Giving Form > Settings > General, find Google reCAPTCHA
Paste the Google
Site Keyinto the Key Field
Past the Google
Secret Keyinto the Secret field
Save the Giving Form