For advanced tracking and reporting you can add tags to supporters. A tag is a custom marker that can be applied to multiple supporters. Tags are used to group supporters and signify a shared detail. For example, you might tag supporters who give at gala with "#gala2017" or you might tag supporters who give during Giving Tuesday as "#awesome" 😉
There are two ways to add tags to supporters:
1) Add Supporter Tags to a giving form
When you add a tag to a giving form, any supporter that makes a donation through this form in the future will have this tag. Good to know: Adding tags to a form will not affect historic donors for that form.
To add a donation tag to a form: Access your Giving Form Editor > Click to expand your Settings controls > Scroll down to Supporter Tags and enter your tag(s).
2) Add tags to a supporter manually
To add a tag to a specific donation: Access the donation profile > Enter your tag(s) in the the field labeled Tags.
Now you can create lists with your Supporter Tags
- Tag filter - Now that your supporters have some tags, you can filter a supporter report with your custom tags.
- Tag saved list - Once you've created a supporter tag report, you can save this supporter report and it will be dynamically updated with activity from your tags.
☝️ Tag syntax is very important
Here is how to use tags like a pro:
- DO NOT use any spaces within a single tag
- Tags start with a hash "#" mark, for example: #radical
- An excellent tag string for a donation form would look like this: #tag1 #tag2 #tag3
- Keep tags short, for example: #gala17
- Tags are not case sensitive