Prep your Yearly Tax Summary email automation
Automated tax receipt emails will send out the third week of January. That means you'll want to ensure your tax receipt automated email is designed, tested, and toggled on by January 20th.
You can read all about the Yearly Donation Summary email here. We've even got a prebuilt email template you can start with 🎁
Create your naughty list
Find out who has not given this year and ask these supporters specifically to give in 2017. It's important to bring in new donors during this season, but don't forget to
re-inspire your "stale" donors as well. You can easily find donors who have given before 2017 but have not returned this year by running a filter in your Supporters section.
Last Donation Magic Date > is before > This Year
Send end-of-year appeal emails
End-of-year giving is an established tradition. Supporters give because this is the season for it, because they might have received a fat bonus check, or because it's the last chance to make a tax deductible donation. In fact, December 31st is one of the biggest giving days of the entire year, comparable only to #GivingTuesday!
We suggest you send 3-4 end-of-year appeals to your supporters between Dec 20-31.
- Send an email to your supporters on Dec 23, 27 and 30.
- Remind supporters that they only have a "x days" left to make their final tax deductible donations for 2017!
- It's a great idea to share an image and short story of impact from this year with each appeal.
- Make sure you're sending donors to a page where they can easily see and access your donation form.
Holiday-ize your homepage
If you're not running a specific year-end campaign giving site, you can still make sure your homepage or donate page is set up to maximize holiday giving. You'll be sending donation appeals through emails and social media so you'll want to make sure it's as easy as possible to donate once a supporter lands on your website.
Do a quick check:
- Is there a donation button in the top fold of your homepage?
- Is there language about the joy of giving during the holiday season?
Alright! That's it, we wish you the best end-of-year EVER and we'll be right here if you have any questions! Let's finish strong!