For advanced tracking and reporting you can add tags to donations. There are two ways to add tags to donations:
1) Add donation tags to a donation form
When you add a tag to a donation form, any donation that occurs through the form in the future will have this tag. Good to know: Adding tags to a form will not affect historic donations that occurred through that form.
To add a donation tag to a form: Access your Donation Form Editor > Click to expand your Settings controls > Scroll down to Donation Tags and enter your tag(s).
2) Add donation tags to a specific donation
To add a tag to a specific donation: Access the donation profile > Enter your tag(s) in the the field labeled Tags.
Now, let's put those tags to work!
- Tag filter - Now that your donations have some tags, you can filter a donation report with your custom tags.
- Tag saved list - Once you've created a donation tag report, you can save this donation report and it will be dynamically updated with activity from your tags.
- Tag tasks - When you have a saved list, you can automate a task each time a donation is added to that list. Whoop! 😊
☝️ Tag syntax is very important
Here is how to use tags like a pro:
- DO NOT use any spaces within a single tag
- Tags start with a hash "#" mark, for example: #radical
- An excellent tag string for a donation form would look like this: #tag1 #tag2 #tag3
- Keep tags short, for example: #gala17
- Tags are not case sensitive